Special Supports Program
The Special Supports office remains closed to the public at this time.
Information about the Special Supports program is available below.
The Special Supports Program provides a wide range of health related benefits to City residents living independently in the community to improve their quality of life, health, wellness, safety and self-sufficiency.
Health related benefits include but are not limited to:
- Bathroom assistive devices such as grab bars, commodes etc.
- Diabetic supplies
- Hearing aids and batteries
- Custom foot orthotics and orthopedic footwear
- Hospital bed and mattress
- Surgical, incontinent and ostomy supplies
- Wheelchair batteries and repairs
- Medical taxi transportation
- Eye glasses
- Adult day programs user fee
- Personal emergency response
- Other services and special items
Please note: Special Supports Program does not fund equipment, devices or services that have already been ordered or purchased. Do not order or purchase equipment prior to receiving funding approval.