City-Wide Corridor Planning Principles and Design Guidelines
The City-Wide Corridor Planning Principles and Design Guidelines provide planning and design directions for corridors in Hamilton.
- Connect two or more high traffic areas in the city.
- Contain retail and commercial properties.
- Have high density and mixed uses.
- Are serviced by public transit.
Primary and secondary corridors are identified by the Urban Hamilton Official Plan (LINK) and include:
- James - Upper James
- Main/Osler (McMaster to Dundas)
- Highway 8 (Eastgate to Fifty Road)
- Centennial – Upper Centennial
- Rymal Road
- Mohawk Road
- Ottawa Street
The purpose of this document is to:
- Provide direction for new development, public investments and future planning studies along the city’s corridors.
- Help in the preparation of secondary plans, strategies or initiatives that relate to an urban corridor
- Communicate the importance of corridor planning and design to citizens and the development community.