Hauled Sewage Program Permits
The City of Hamilton offers a Hauled Sewage Program to ensure that hauled sewage is handled and disposed of in an appropriate and responsible manner in order to protect public health, property and the environment.
Domestic sewage is:
- Human body waste
- Toilet or other bathroom waste
- Liquid or waterborne culinary or sink waste
- Residential laundry waste
Industrial sewage is sewage from any agricultural, commercial, industrial or institution premises or any other premises where the sewage includes significant quantities of sewage of non‐human origin or differs significantly from domestic sewage.
Acceptable waste includes domestic and industrial sewage generated within Hamilton.
- Waste generated outside the city of Hamilton
- Hazardous industrial wastes
- Hazardous waste chemicals
- Ignitable wastes
- Pathological wastes
- PCB wastes
- Reactive wastes
- Severely toxic wastes
- Radioactive wastes
- Grease trap waste from restaurants and food service facilities
- Waste containing solid materials capable of causing obstruction or damage to city infrastructure
Hazardous waste cannot be treated at the City of Hamilton WWTP and must be taken to a hazardous waste disposal outlet. Consult the yellow pages or internet for hazardous waste disposal outlets.
The City of Hamilton has a Household Hazardous Waste Program.