Ambulance Patient Records
The City of Hamilton maintains records, called Ambulance Call Reports, of interactions paramedics have with their patients for five years. Statutory agencies (law enforcement, Ministry of Labour), patients, their lawyers and insurance companies can request these records.
These records are protected under the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and they cannot be released without the signed consent of the patient or a legal order compelling its production. If the patient is incapable of providing consent, a signed release can be provided by a guardian or appropriate legal representative of the patient.
A record will include notes from the time that the ambulance arrives until the time that the patient leaves the care of our paramedics.
Cost: The cost of this service varies from year to year, call 905-540-5782 to confirm the cost. If we are unable to locate a report, no fee will be charged.
Request an Ambulance Patient Report
Hamilton Paramedic Service
Multi Agency Training Centre
1227 Stone Church Road East
Hamilton, Ontario L8W 2C6
Request an Ambulance Dispatch Record
Ambulance Dispatch records can be requested from the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care by:
Manager, Ambulance Dispatch Centre
282 Fennell Avenue West
Hamilton, Ontario L9C 1G2
How we Protect your Privacy
- At the Hamilton Paramedic Service, we treat your personal health information with respect and sensitivity in accordance with the Ontario Personal Health Information and Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA) and any other laws we are required to follow.
- Hamilton Paramedic Service takes steps to protect and secure your personal health information from theft, loss, unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal.
- We perform audits to monitor and manage our privacy compliance.
- We take steps to ensure that all our staff and everyone who performs services for us protects your privacy.
The Hamilton Paramedic Service may need to collect your personal health information in order to provide you with programs and services. Hamilton Paramedic staff collects your personal health information from:
- You directly or the person acting on your behalf.
- Other sources, if we have obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits.
Information collected may include your name, address, phone number, date of birth, Ontario health insurance number, health and health care history and information for payment for health care, when required, for certain public health services.
Use and Sharing of Personal Health Information
We use and disclose your personal information:
- To assist, provide and support your health care including vital signs, health education, point of care testing, monitoring blood tests, and providing various treatments.
- To communicate or consult about your health care with other providers when we are providing services to you, which could include for example, medical history, allergies, medications, diagnostic results, notes from other providers, and other information, including information from electronic medical information systems.
- For quality improvement and patient safety activities.
- To get payment for services rendered during a 911 call.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements and fulfil other activities required or permitted by law.
We will require additional consent from you or your substitute decision-maker if we need to share your information for purposes other than those listed above, unless the law allows or requires us to give out your information without your permission.
You may access and/or request that corrections be made to your records of personal health information, or withdraw your consent for some of the above uses and disclosures (subject to certain legal obligations) by contacting our Privacy Contact.
For more information or to discuss a concern, contact:
Hamilton Paramedic Services
1227 Stone Church Road East
Hamilton, Ontario, L8W 2C6
Call 905-546-2424 ext. 2391
For more information about your privacy rights, or if you are unable to resolve a problem directly with our Privacy Contact:
Information Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8
Toll free phone1-800-387-0073